me?me...me!!!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

exercise cum eat

It has been a while since I last went for hiking or trekking, but am glad to be able to join one with 3 friends at Pantai Kerachut yesterday, simply because exercise is good, and breathing in tonnes of fresh air is even soothing, far away from the pollution and exhaust of vehicles.

Seeing is believing. The last time I was here, this building was still under construction.




and there isn't any good toilet like these back then


now they have good signboard


an entrance etc


at 8.30am, off we go


an interesting tree. I didn't study or has a strong interest in botanic, so, don't really care what are the tree names are. Anyway, I think for this one, people used it to make dye in the ancient time gua...


some stairs


a small stream


more stairs


flight of stairs


crossing one of the bridges


and finally we are there


there are more people than it used to be last time. there are people fishing



photographing like a pro


walking along the beach line


or standing there aimlessly


the view was nice, and we just sat there for quite a while chit chatting



ok, hunger called, and is time to head back. And here is the usual stuff...

bridges


stream


humongous giant ants


trek


within no time, we were back to our car, and a while later headed for lunch at noon. We decided to go for lunch at Fatty Loh Chicken Rice. Anyway, as odd as it may sound, I have never tried the authentic Fatty Loh Chicken Rice before, and yesterday was the first =)

The chicken is smooth, and the soup has herbal ingredient in it that tasted totally different than the ABC soup a normal chicken rice serve. At least it means that they did put some effort in every dishes they serve, but comes with a little bit higher premium than normal chicken rice does. All in all, is a great chicken rice meal.



a close-up

"shiou bak"


I couldn't help not notice dozen of banners hanging around the restaurant premisses.

This banner said that "Fatty Loh Chicken Rice" has trade mark registered, no other branches


they are also Guang Ming Daily top 10 Hainan Chicken Rice


a R&R sign


special menu pricing


and the best part is, they also have community service program to give back to the society. This banner said that disabled and person in need can dine there for free


they also have this 6fts tall chicken, really an eye catcher


however, little does the chicken know that the chef is going to serve it on plate "p


on the way back, my friend told me that this shop serves the much talk about famous Penang Laksa beside Ping Hwa School. Again, I have never tried that place before too, although I am a Penangite, shame shame... "p 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Nice of your trekking guide to bring you to kerachut! Btw, i didn't know foreigners flock that place. Shame on me, i haven't been there before.

    Another note, how can you NOT know about the laksa shop opposite PCGHS? :D i like it though i sometimes find it a bit sweet.

    By Blogger Kate, At 4/24/08, 9:20 PM  

  • karenooik2: yeah, nowadays, many people goes there. No more a serene place anymore actually
    yeah, shame shame on me, I must try that after I have fully recovered :)

    By Blogger rukawa, At 4/24/08, 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home