me?me...me!!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

movie time

Since August after watching Die Hard 4.0, I have not step into cinema again until recently. I was recuperating, was busy at work and there wasnt any good movies of my preference (i think).
The excitement of going for a movie appear out of no where again recently, and I went for "Hitman" and "The Kingdom". While the "Hitman" wasnt that nice at all (pity my colleagues for having to accompany me to that consider lame movie), I like "The Kingdom" a lot. Over here, wanting to write a short review why i like it :)

Before I watched it, i thought it would be a spy action movie (Jennifer Garner is the culprit), but it turn out not. The movie started with a history lesson on how Saudi Arabia become a Kingdom, describing the relationship between The Kingdom and US during the process it becomes #1 oil producer in the world, shows how the world now is so dependant on the sky-rocketing oil price, and how terrorism has complicated the ties between Kingdom and US. Then the movie starts. Totally different kind of introduction that i wasnt expect.

I will not talk about the movie's story line, but will excerpt a couple of points in the movie that i like most. First, is how the movie is filmed. Anyone knows why "NYPD Blue" was a hit and unique series previously? Is because of the shaking camera angle of zooming in and out technique (this i how i term it, not sure how to pro term it). Of course, if too much, this will cause much annoying migraine to many, but i personally think that this movie had achieved the balance.

Secondly, while the movie takes off with terrorist attacks tied to islamic extremist, it later does highlight the true islam culture that love peace. There are emotional (camera shaking again) scenes where the Kingdom's Colonel Al-Ghazi returning home and spending time with his children, and another Kingdom's police returning home injured, yet taking care of his elderly father. They struggle everyday to root out terrorism in their Kingdom so that their love one would live safely. I suppose this is the strongest point i like about the movie.

There are some funny scenes too relating to language barrier between FBI Special Agent Ronald Fleury (Jamie Foxx) and Colonel Al-Ghazi. Then there are action scenes too.
Everything is great except one tiny lacking, that is how the movie ends with "kill them all"

All in all, i like the movie, and if i were to watch it again, i will. Recommending it too to those who like action movie and yet to watch it :) Coming up next in my list for recent movie craze is "Enchanted", heard a lot of good review about Enchanted. But after Enchanted, not really sure what is next.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home