me?me...me!!!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

tsunami or landslide

*************************************************************************************************************
small talk:-
just came back from home town and I am now connected again, anxiously to surf the web for the election result in some other states that said won by opposition, as well as blogging again to share my opinion.
for election 2008 result, please check at spr website over here...
*************************************************************************************************************

Disclaimer: all the contents in this post/blog are purely my sole opinion/speculation from hearsay and has nothing to do with any other person/entity or representing the view of any company/organization. The accuracy of the content is my pure interpretation at my best knowledge and should be used at your own risk & discretion.

"tsunami" is more well known to the asian, while "landslide" is the term used in the western in the political arena when a party won in a major style.

for the past 24hrs, it has been very exciting to see the amplitude of "change" as most Malaysia wish and expecting has been amplified by many times. (for actual election 2008 result, click here).

anyway, before I get any further, just a reminder to all.
wining or losing, do not parade or celebrate, stay calm, stay low profile, stay cool, stay home, do not provoke anyone, do not create any problem etc. Winning in a certain amount of proportion by opposition is just the very beginning of change. There is still a long journey to travel for the new gorvernment to form by the winning parties. Therefore, the following days and weeks are very crucial. Just chill and monitor the progress.

with that being said, while I travelled back from home town passing through Butterworth, I could see the street is some way different and more quiet although it is Sunday. I couldnt notice anyone smiling, just mind their things and day. This may be a good sign that everyone is rational and staying calm.

as for last night, I am sure a lot of Malaysian didnt sleep well, especially many leaders from both coalition (figuring out the cabinet composition since many previous ministers are now gone as well as post mortem for the defeat in certain states) and opposition (figuring out the new state government composition for a good start where they cant afford to make any mistake). I myself stayed up until 3am, slept for 4hrs only. Anyway, I am still alert :)

Over here, I would like to share some points that I gained from last night's 8tv election result program. I find the comments from one of the commentator is very true.

I am sure that many of you wouldnt expect the opposition would gain so much tracks in this election, because for conservative like me, I would expect there will be some minor change, but not as big as the final result.

Anyway, it is a fact now. As for what drives this, I would agree with the commentator to say that PKR's de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim is the main driving force for the opposition unity. Anwar's aspiration to form a true Malaysian nation is now share the same ground with PAS and DAP (although I am sure many other would not agree about this point). Opposition now work hand in hand efficiently like never before, fielding many candidates with vast and professional background that hold hopes for Malaysian for a change that is possible. Agree or not, this is what many called "Anwar's Effect", in mandarin "安华效应".

So, what is Anwar's aspiration of a true Malaysian nation? As we all know, Anwar will be eligible for running as a candidate for MP after 14th April 2008. And it is not a rumour anymore that after 14th April 2008, someone from any seats in Penang will step down "naturally" (I am not sure how this is done and where is that), and a re-election will be called and Anwar will be running as candidate trying to win the seat there.

First thought, many speculated that Anwar will go for the easy win with the Permatang Pauh seat. But then again, Anwar did voice out his wish before to contest in a equally mixed race seat, and Permatang Pauh may not be the choice anymore.

Many of you would ask, why he want to do such thing? Well, Anwar is a visionary man. IF he could win a mixed race seat when he contested, a true Malaysian nation under a new coalition parties will be born. Such result will give the current government a big blow, and IF the 5 opposition states perform well under the new opposition governance, next general election will paint a very different pictures already.

Anyway, all of these are just what if scenarios, and the next general election still far far away. As I said before, the following days and weeks is very crucial for Malaysian, to see how the 5 new opposition state governments being formed, to see how the severely hit coalition form the federal government, to see how post 14th April 2008 goes, all these will direct the future of Malaysia in the next 5 years. Many Malaysian put high hopes on the opposition this time, lets hope that the new state governance does step up to the plate, not forgetting that all Malaysian must put in their effort as well and work together with the new cabinet composition, this is the way it should be, the same concept that apply for a balance government.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Wah... disclaimer also come out. In democratic country, people are free to voice out their opinions, as long as it does not provoke disharmony.

    By Blogger Xweing, At 3/10/08, 10:11 AM  

  • xwei: haha, i got disclaimer to indemnify people around me mar. Because of the parking complains that i put in the blog, i made it my discipline to put it and i will bare the cost on my own. I have communicate with my boss about the threat that i have in my blog, but my boss didnt comment anything. Just say that blogging is my freedom, but the corporation will not be part of it. "p so, here you are the disclaimer, and you will see it more often :)

    By Blogger rukawa, At 3/10/08, 10:51 AM  

  • I don't agree with what people call the "Anwar's Effect".

    I personally think that what Tun Mahathir says makes more sense. Mahathir says BN lost because:

    (1) Pak Lah still has not figured out where the problems are, and Pak Lah listens too much to Khairy who doesn't have enough experience.

    (2) The rakyat can't stand with BN anymore, but at the same time they don't even know whether the Opposition will be better. Ultimately, they have no choice. So, this results in: (a) People can only vote for the Opposition, be it DAP, PAS or PKR, as long as it's not BN, they just vote. (b) People don't vote at all.

    Anyway, I'm glad to see changes in the country's political scene. Khairy should now put his brain up and learn to talk like a human.

    By Blogger YEN, At 3/10/08, 12:39 PM  

  • yen: well, that maybe true as well. But some people like me now share the same aspiration of the opposition,and hope that it will be realized gradually.I am purely presenting a probable factor for the unity of the opposition parties (PAS,DAP & PKR). I believe only with this aspiration, AND if the opposition perfom well and live up to what they said in the election manifesto, they will have more space to grow. I also see that the opposition parties are now more tolerant to each other,not extremist in their religious belief anymore.Just some thoughts, but it is just the beginning.

    By Blogger rukawa, At 3/10/08, 1:55 PM  

  • I couldn't get away with the thoughts that politics is "dirty" and it's nothing other than fighting for one animal called "power". I do hope the Opposition will stay united, but at the same time I'm worried that sooner or later DAP, PKR and PAS will fight for more power for each party. Well, now that we have voted, it seems that I should be optimistic and hope for the best. Let's pray for a brighter future for Malaysia.

    By Blogger YEN, At 3/10/08, 4:31 PM  

  • btw, i despise khairy as well

    By Blogger rukawa, At 3/10/08, 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home