me?me...me!!!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

EE

## engineers and none-engineers

$EE = "Electronics Engineering";
$field = $_;

if ($field =~ "hardware") {
print "You are in Hardware Engineering\n";
} elsif ($field =~ "software") {
print "You are in Software Engineering\n";
} else {
print "You are neither an engineer nor from $EE. You may not get what I am writting here
\"p\n";
}

Well, dont take it too serious, ok? I simply made up code "p

Anyway, I bet some of the engineers who are reading this did at least try to find flaws in my code, right? Can't help it, isnt it? :)

Let me quote another example, there is an instance where my colleague showed her friend who are not from engineering field the normal day to day emailing with other engineers/couterparts/customers. Her friend were confused!!! Especially with the "english" and logical statement that engineers used. Her friend even quoted...

"What is AR means?" (AR == Action Required; usually means that a task required immediate attention, and commonly someone's name is assigned next to it, and in a worst case scenario, if ab issue occurs, the person usually get into trouble because it is in the record. Cool isnt it, haha :p)

"What is all the capital letter thing with numbers?" (in general, the code used to represent something, such as product code etc)

"Why use all the short form/acronym? If a chair is a chair, just say is a chair lar, why say it differently?" (probably simply because engineers are lazy to type out the whole word; or probably the acronym sounded cool, isnt it ASAP sounds cool?; or simply because engineers like to figure out the acronym by themself, making them feel proud, haha "p)

"The email is dull. I cant understand it. I give up lar" (this I have no comment, haha)

Undeniebly, sometimes engineers really DONT speak "english" or "human" languages. And some even obsessed with lots of data/numbers/graphs/statistics or even images/photos/snapshot/screenshot, you name it :)

So, to all my friends out there who are not from engineering, sorry ya if sometime I really dont speak "human" languages, especially when you asked me what do I do for living :)

But if you are interested, I can try to "translate" them to real english to make you understand, with the condition that the things that I revealed is not Confidential. Oops, almost forgotten about this, engineers are sometimes bound by law to keep secret about their work. Pressure... But what to do, gotta earn a living, right :)

Dont get me wrong, I do have some interest in engineering, that is why I am in it. But I realized that it is not a long term thing. In the mean time still stuck with it until I can figure out what else I can do for living, hehehe :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home