me?me...me!!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

sofa

Note: this is a backdated post, about 2 weeks back

furniture hunting aint no char koay teow business

you have this

  • Rozel
  • Lorenzo
  • Kamay
  • Mekio
  • Rozzini
  • Cellini
  • Aussini
~~ inhale ~~

and some other furniture showrooms not as famous as above but mushroomed around a small small town called "Georgetown" :)

And the story begins with... On one fine Saturday, sparked by a Lorenzo sales advertisement on the newspaper, I dragged my lazy butt out for a sofa hunting. I was thinking it should be about time that I get myself started with the house design, and sofa is something that I think can be begin with.

Armed with an idea that sofa is actually something for people to sit on, I went hunting hunting "p

Start with Lorenzo, it was a 2 storeys building located just beside Dato' Keramat Rd. Over there, I instantly found the love of my life on the 2nd floor, where it hide itself at one small corner, only to let me see it's side view like.... this...


(to clarify, the price tag that you see on the right is not for this sofa ya)

I like L-shape sofa, especially the one that made of fabric because I can only afford that.

And boy, the I first sat on it, it felt soooooooo nice... that I almost fell asleep there... okok, I am exaggerating :)

One exact word to describe it - "cozy", and is the type that I like, and the L-shape can be changed from left to right, and as for price, is the cheapest sofa at Lorenzo.

But with self-discipline, I restrained. So, I chit chat with the promoter there for a while about the offer, exchanged contact and went out to other furniture shops around Georgetown.

After around 3hrs, I found no other L-shape fabric sofa as nice as the one at Lorenzo. Some sofa are not that soft, some design is not of my liking, some are too big that cant fit into the living room, some L-shape are at the wrong side of my living room and I cant adjust it, some are even more expensive by a few times (although really really nice) bla bla bla. So, I couldnt stop keep thinking back about the "one" at Lorenzo, damn...

So, I went back again since the offer seized the next day, and I dont want to travel again to Georgetown from Butterworth the next day.

I instantly deposited 30% of the sofa value with the promoter :) am very happy for the purchase, even until today, although this is the 2nd time I burnt a hole in the pocket within half a year *_* The first time I burnt a hole was purchasing a digicam end of last year during YES.

Many of you should be wondering how much does the sofa cost right? Well, it cost me RM2336, including transport fee.

I know I know, some of you may be shouting "WHAT!!! RM2.4K FOR THIS?"

I couldnt deny it is indeed expensive. But I really like it, it is really comfortable, and I appreciate the quality, and I dont want to regret it later for having to miss it.

Well, there you have it, a new hole in my pocket, and a cozy sofa for my "coming soon" living room :)

From that day's survey, I also found many ideas from Mekio, and while driving around, I also see some nice nice lighting showrooms. I didnt went into the lighting showrooms. Probably lighting will be my next hunting target.

If you have something to share about lighting, feel free to post your comment ya :) FYI, my humble place is just a 700-900sqf of condo. Comment away...


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • Wow........ I must say you have really made a GREAT CHOICE!! Love the sofa too...! ^_^

    By Blogger Xweing, At 3/12/08, 3:28 PM  

  • emm, how to said ar? like my sister's condo, the light which is hide under the plaster ceiling...

    By Blogger yukiyen, At 3/12/08, 8:21 PM  

  • The downlight...(reply to yukiyen)...anyway..I like downlight too:)cant wait to see your cozy sofa..i dont mind to buy second hand if you plan to sell it next time=p

    By Blogger Unknown, At 3/12/08, 10:26 PM  

  • xwei, yen, flyingdance: thx for the comments. Yup, is called downlight. I will see how the survey and design goes :) I dont plan to sell the sofa ler, but you all are welcome over when it is ready

    By Blogger rukawa, At 3/12/08, 10:33 PM  

  • nono, i ask my sis d, if u 1 those lights which is hide under the plaster ceiling, fluorescent light will do. if u dun 1 plaster ceiling, then downlight shd be more suitable.

    By Blogger yukiyen, At 3/13/08, 9:37 PM  

  • Nice sofa. Good taste. No regret.

    By Blogger YEN, At 3/14/08, 8:40 PM  

  • at l@st~~ i get to log on to ya site...lol... ya sofa looks nice ;)

    By Blogger Kimmy, At 3/18/08, 10:28 AM  

  • hey Kim, is nice to knw that finally able to read the page :)

    By Blogger rukawa, At 3/25/08, 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home