me?me...me!!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

5/20 Butterworth Food Hunt

Again, last weekend was a happening weekend. On Sunday, after kara-ok session in the afternoon until 2pm, after that i went watching basketball game at Han Jiang until 3.30pm, then 5 of us (Jules, Beng, er jie, jlaw & me) meet up again and went on Butterworth food hunt in the evening as i had promised them, as most of them havent really tasted the good food in Butterworth :)

We started with some appertizer - the Lok Lok style rojak stall in Bagan, then went on to my favorite Raja Uda Laksa, went on a car ride passing the Malaysian Air Force base, then went on to Teluk Air Tawar beach front (the only beach left in Penang mainland) for digestion, then went to Chai Leng park hawker centre for Lok Lok. The only thing that we miss is the AA Burger King stall, which wasnt open for business yet as we are early (~7.30pm). It was around 3 hours of journey, and we went back the island with a good sunset view and a full stomach, YEAH!!! Another happy day :)

Julles & jlaw posing at the Rojak stall. I remember Jules ate 3 bird eggs with, saying that he was hungry :p

2nd pit stop, Raja Uda Laksa. "er jie" the camera gal :)

Yummy + my favorite laksa. RM2.20 for a small bowl ;)

3 "strangers" posing in Teluk Air Tawar beach front

Nice view. Been years since I last came to this beach front (actually there is no more sandy beach left, only mud now). But that day's beautiful view was really rare.

Gay pose :p enjoying the view and clearing Beng's mind from work stress

The Lok Lok stall's table for us.
4 kinds of sauces - the sweet, the satay, the ginger spicy & the sweet sour spicy.

Selecting our favorites :)

What a nice view to end the journey of 5 on 5/20.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I want Lok Lok... Rojak Lok Lok or ordinary Lok Lok oso can~~ nyam nyam. Next time we go for burger lar... wanna eat oso since you talk till so special :P

    By Blogger Jin Wen, At 5/23/07, 4:53 PM  

  • shit..i look damn sleepy. Btw..how come u didnt blog about the umbrellla and the tissue?

    By Blogger Unknown, At 5/23/07, 5:31 PM  

  • monkey, i left the umbrella and tissue story for you to tell :)

    By Blogger rukawa, At 5/23/07, 9:54 PM  

  • Hi, You may not know me but I need a fovor from you, can you provide me the direction to this lok-lok rojak stall in Bagan? I used to stay in Prai in the early ninties, I always went for this lok-lok rojak near the old terminal behind the UMNO building in Butterworth but since then I have worked oversea and have not been visit the place for decade. I come across your blog and would like your help to provide the direction so that I can visit them once more when I am back to penang.

    Millions thanks.

    LY.Tai

    By Blogger Coketai, At 5/24/07, 9:54 PM  

  • Hi LY Tai, the lok lok rojak still located at the same place you used to went to. At that time, it is still have a beach, but now it has been developed to Butterworth Outer Ring Road. If you know the Bagan Police Station Headquarter, there is a traffic light, in front of it there's MPSP field & a public Park, the stall is just behind the park. It is also behind the General Clinic as well. Hope this help and you can find your way. thanks.

    By Blogger rukawa, At 5/24/07, 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home