me?me...me!!!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

kind

It is rare to see a kind and courteous people these days, especially on the road. The advertisement about drivers who cut queqe, about drivers who intentionally drive into the yellow box to block other cars coming out of T-junction just to make a remark that he/she is not timid, really reflect most of today's drivers...
But last Wednesday, when I was driving back from work to hospital for a weekly check-up, I was caught in a snarl of bumper to bumper drive. Upon reaching a junction, there was a 4-wheel drive wanting to turn, and rarely (since I wasn't in a rush), I slowed down and let the car turn. To my surprise, the driver really intentionally noded his head and waved his hand to express his gratitude of giving way, it was really an intentional gesture compare to the normal node, because he even pull his neck back and put his face very close to the window. It really leave me a very deep impression. Afterward, I was then smile thinking of the gesture, thinking that usually drivers of luxury and big cars are arrogant and dont really cares of other (not to mention stingy), but I was wrong. There are minorities.
Then again, it is all about causality (cause and effect). Although there are a lot of people who dont even cares about anything much, it is what we do that cause the effect most of the time. You be kind, and most of the time, you will be treated with kindness, a thing that I learnt from driving in a normal day, and hope that I can persist in practising it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home