me?me...me!!!

Monday, March 31, 2008

drunken ankle

Yes, I kid you not. It is really a "drunken ankle", my left ankle to be precise :)

After the 3on3 basketball game over the weekend, I am having some little problem/pain with my left ankle again. Not that I sprained it or anything, but the little pain on my left ankle comes and goes.

So, as soon as I am back to Penang this evening, I went to pay a visit to the sensei again.

After some checking, the sensei deduced that the left joint on my left ankle might having some soft tissue injury. Dont have the detail though.

Looking at the past treatment doesnt really help, sensei said that he would like to try some other type of "medicine". He then pulled out a bag from a corner of the room. In the bag, he pulled out yet another plastic bag that is actually a ball of sticky medicine to be pasted on my ankle. Is no doubt one of the sensei "secret recipe"

While he was wrapping up my ankle with bandage, he then asked me "Do you have rice liquor?"

"What? Rice liquor? To drink?" I replied.

"Nonono... This medicine is different. It can dry easily and can cause itchiness. You need to pour some rice liquor on the bandage every 2 hours to make sure it is wet" sensei explained.

Sensei also adviced me to wet the bandage with rice liquor before I sleep at night and I can put a sheet of plastic bag on my bed for my left ankle so that it wont dirty the bed with liquor.

Really interesting. First time I heard of such treatment. I was silly enough to ask about drinking the rice liquor at first *_*

So, after the visit, I bought 2 small bottles of rice liquor as below from a sundry shop nearby, and I dare not to tell the shop-owner is for my ankle :)


So, there you have it. I am gonna make my left ankle to take a "sip" of rice liquor every 2 hours, and a certain amount of it before sleep.

Of course, the best remedy for recovery is to really take a good rest. Guess I will be missing out from basketball as well as exercise sessions for quite a while, that is until my ankle felt better, at least for a couple of weeks.

Damn, I envy my drunken ankle below while I am sober "p


Come to think of it, alchohol is flammable. What if there is a spark near my left ankle?

"drunken ankle" become "roasted ankle"? Oouch... "p

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home