me?me...me!!!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fridge Tale

A few years back, I went to consult a chinese medicine practitioner at Farlim to fix my sprained ankle, injured during a basketball game. While I was waiting for my turn, I observed the small apartment.

The practitioner is a grandfather to a few young grandchildren who likes cars very much. They had many and varieties of small vehicle toys in a large bucket. There's probably more than a hundred of it :) The grandmother likes to sew clothes, may be for the residents in the neighborhood, or may be some for the family. Although the apartment is small, it has almost everything. Then, there is one thing that catches my eye - the refrigerator. On the fridge, there is a lot of colorful magnet sticking on it, mostly are free gifts for purchasing certain products in the supermarket. There are drawings too, probably drawn by the grandchildren. If I remember correctly, one of it is a sketch of father, mother, children and a house, telling the story of the family from the eye of a child. I suppose that is the most popular drawing theme by a child :)

From there, it starts to fascinate and amaze me that a fridge can tell a tale, and how a simple fridge magnet invention can sustain until today and for the foreseeable future. Although the modern refrigerator has achieved a lot of complexity & functions, the fridge magnet can still apply. With the simple magnet, one can stick messages, groceries list, reminders etc on the fridge, since everyone in the family visit the fridge everyday at a frequent manner. Have you ever notice that in a detective movie or real life detective, the fridge is the popular choice for the investigator to check? Opening up the fridge could also tell the occupants diet, habits etc

Well, next time you are at a stranger’s house, go to the fridge and you would know the family much better :) But don’t be rude by eating up all the food ya, haha.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home