me?me...me!!!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

extortion

Phew...
Today is the busiest day in the whole month for me. Therefore, almost couldn't make time to make a post today.

Well, since I am a blog addict, how could I not blog at least one post if I can spare a little time from the day? =) But unfortunately this gonna be a quick one (hopefully). Because after this, I still need do some work, as well as I need to attend a meeting at 11pm later, will be dialing in from home.

Let's not waste time. What I want to talk about in this post?
Actually a couple of things. But before I go into the main topic, let me do an advertisement here for the secondary topic, hehe =)

I actually learnt something new today, and I think by sharing it out may benefit some of you =)

Well, to all future brides and bridegrooms, when you all are getting into the detail preparation for the traditional chinese wedding ceremony, some of you newbies who wants to do it all by your own may be wondering where to get all the "things" that required for the ceremony, right?

I too was puzzled when a friend of mine asked my help to search for  the BIG BIG chinese character 喜喜 stickers

Well, fear not! Me, the resourceful jasonlou (after asking around) has found a place in the heart of Georgetown, where you can get everything under the sun for Chinese traditional wedding ceremony =)

The place is located at Lebuh Nordin. Too vague? not really helpful? Okok, let me point you the direction.

From Pragin Mall, where Traders Hotel is on your right and you can see traffic light ahead, turn left after passing the traffic light at the junction near Gama. After passing Gama, turn left on the first junction on your left. That road is Lebuh Nordin. Drive along the road for about 200m, you will notice a couple of shops on your right which is selling these stuff. You couldn't miss the place because they have very attractive red color sign

Hopefully this helps =)

Ok, done with my community service message, and is about time for the main topic. However, the tone gonna be a bit harsher already, because it is going to be something that jasonlou gonna write negative review about, and probably curse a little "p

"extortion" a.k.a "daylight robbery"

Well, you all know that I am doing renovation for my condo, right? Have been planning for that for about more than a month. Many details there, but I will just write randomly here.

Even before the condo I bought complete its construction, I had heard about triads in Penang who venture into the lucrative renovation services, "taking care" of the area that under their "care", and through many ways, earn big by charging higher than market price for their "services". Here, I term these people as "internal contractor"

For my condo renovation, I am using my friend's renovation service. My friend has been dong renovation as a general contractor for many many years, and I had seen many of his works, and very satisfied and want to use his service. So, my friend here is termed as "external contractor"

Well, me at first was quite annoyed about this "internal contractor" thing, trying to think of loopholes to avoid them completely? But there isn't anything much that I can do after some thought. I began to think, "Well, is a society where both sides need each other to survive. Is about equilibrium, balancing, yin yang, symbiotic, love and hate etc etc"

So, I began to accept a little about using some of their services that is unavoidable, like hacking work. Legally speaking or unofficially speaking, the hacking task has to be done by the "internal contractor".

So, for my little kitchen that need some hacking away the wall tiles for built in cabinets, which can be done in a few hours, "internal contractor" charged me exorbitant RM800. I did survey around, for such kitchen hacking if using "external contractor", it only cost you max RM200, and the "external contractor" still makes profit. FINE!!! I am still ok with it.

For a pile of hacked tiles that need disposal, which virtually just cart away through lift to the dustbin truck at the ground floor, "internal contractor" charge me RM300. FINE, I will still use them.

But today while finalizing the deal for the hacking and disposal, the "internal contractor" got to know that I am also using "external contractor" for the grill and awning, and not using theirs.

To my surprise, the "internal contractor" burp out a cost of RM600 for using "external contractor" grill and awning.

I puzzled! I then ask why? Then the "internal contractor" told me that there are some past cases there, where "some contractors" (dunno internal or external) moved the grill and awning through the lift, damaged some stuff in the lift, cost some money for repair it and the "building management" charged the "internal contractor" because no culprit where caught, forcing "internal contractor" to come out with this RM600 policy to cover their lost.

WTF!! I am not the person who damaged your lift, why should I be charged for something that I didn't do?

Of course I didn't say that in front of the "internal contractor". I calmly asked back. "Is this RM600 a deposit? Where I can claim it back if no damage was found to the lift after my contractors move the grill and awning?"

WTF, the fella "internal contractor" said a BIG NO!

Cool down, I still cool down... I told the fella "internal contractor" that I will check with my "external contractor" first. I then walk away.

Well, you know what I am going to do?
I will wait until the "internal contractor" finished the work they suppose to do about the hacking in my kitchen. Only after that, I will take my action.
I will walk to the "building management", asked them in the face what is this RM600 all about? And do they know anything about it!

Btw, "building management" is a company who temporarily in charge of the condo management, who foresee the "internal contractor" as well. But so far dealing with them, all they do are legally stuff. But when talk about reno term and conditions with them, they PUSH everything to "internal contractor", where I have to deal with these "none sense" and "building management" just turn their deaf ears. Bloody hell!

If things doesn't really goes well with the "building management" about the RM600, where they play dumb again, I am going to make a police report, because I REFUSE to pay RM600! I already "give face" by letting them "suck my blood" for the kitchen hacking, now they had gone overboard!!! Daylight Robbery indeed! RM600 for DOING NOTHING AT ALL!!!

Of course, I do understand that filing a police report sometimes doesn't really help (you know why), and may just cost me some more money for just filing the report. I dont really give a damn, I just want to exercise my right legally, and show my protest. Probably I would rally some of the residents there too about this issue.

Let's shall see how the things take it's course. Ending the post with a little feeling of "piss"
*blerk* "p

Oh my, is 10:35pm already, gotta prepare for the meeting now. Till then.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home