me?me...me!!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

coins

is in the middle of the night, and i am stil not sleeping. I have company tonight who came over just to use the broadband to work. Is Jules the dude. Dont get us wrong ya :) He work, i boring, and since i dont do work and i have nothing to do, i just online to check mails, surfing, writting blog etc.

Well, it has been so long since i last stayed up late. I used to stay awake just because of rushing for work. Now, i would say that those are the stupid days. What was i thinking at that time? Sacrificing my rest, my health, my time, my youth just for work that gets me no where, i must be poisoned or what :p well, you get my message. Now staying late to write blog, this is what i should do for a long long time :)

Back to the title of the blog - coins :) When i was small, the family was financially tight. Allowances were rare and little. So, to satisfy my Tora or junk food or kite or gadgets/toys need, either i have to save very very desperately or i earned my own allowances. I find my ways in earning those allowances, and those were the day :) I did plant chillies before, and did pay me handsomely. Chillies sold at a good price among all the methods. I did catch pigeons too, catches a lot of them (catapult or set trap), although now knew that a bit cruel. 1 pigeon fetch RM1 at that time. I also remember that i used to collect coins/$$ from the street, any cents, any dollar that i can find, so you can imagine i always walk looking down the ground all the time :) If i remember correctly, the largest amount i collected once was RM5 gua. :) was happy. i piled the $$ collected in a container, at the end of the one year, see how much i collect, and that is what i get :) Stupid isnt it, but it get me through my childhood day :) So, you have it, the coin posting :)

got to sign off now. Jules already finished his work, and pressing me to sign off now :p Till then.

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • such a wonderful childhood you have! i didn't get to earn handsome money like you did, but just like you i did save any single penny i have, and too collected those money on the floor haha... miss those days when we were easily satisfied with little money we had. the most cruel thing is not the pigeon catching, and it's actually "growing up".

    By Blogger Fang Fang, At 4/18/07, 11:29 AM  

  • yeah. But i dont regret growing up with the memory that i have :) i was good days, although there are some bad days too, but change is the key to make life more meaningful, as long as it is not a guilty thing

    By Blogger rukawa, At 4/18/07, 1:59 PM  

  • I don't have that kind of memory too. My parents don't even allow me to go out for part-time job. They always like to say:"If you wanna work, come to office work for us." But you know lar... No money earned one :( They will continue with:"I work to grow you up, this is what you should do." well, what can I say?

    By Blogger Jin Wen, At 4/18/07, 3:40 PM  

  • the most i collected should be a rm50 note.. no one on the street..and no one to return to.. but i knew it isnt rite to keep the money.. because i burnt my skin when i stand near a motorbike.. only after 2 hours keeping the note. I also found one string of gold chain and a gold ring before when I was small.. It just happenned I was playing outside my house.. and there it was on the ground... btw.. i found a rm5 note when i was walking to school, i think I am 8 years old that time.

    By Blogger pik lay, At 4/18/07, 6:58 PM  

  • hey i remember vividly that i lost a RM5 notes when i was in primary. my mum gave me to buy story books at the book fair and i was extremely sad that i lost it. why you stole my money?

    By Blogger Fang Fang, At 4/18/07, 8:25 PM  

  • cannot be la.. i found the rm5 at bandar baru bangi.. i wonder if u every been there before...

    By Blogger pik lay, At 4/18/07, 8:50 PM  

  • haha, i should make my blog a "lost & found" corner already for you all :)

    By Blogger rukawa, At 4/19/07, 1:47 AM  

  • "...Jules already finished his work, and pressing me to sign off now :p ..."

    So gay... so so gay...

    Hahahhahaha! *Just joking... :P

    By Blogger Xweing, At 4/19/07, 12:37 PM  

  • Growing chillies & catching pigeons? Now that is interesting..

    By Blogger sReas, At 4/21/07, 1:04 PM  

  • yalor FC. When kids time, very poor one mar, some more i stay in village, wander around is my hobby :p

    By Blogger rukawa, At 4/24/07, 9:42 PM  

  • hmnn...growing chillies isn't easy..neither do catching pigeons...
    anyway, this is an interesting entry..reminding me of myself though..

    By Blogger Nux V, At 7/8/07, 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home