me?me...me!!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

mini project

So, what's the mini project that I worked on during the CNY?

Hehehe, it is a hobby robot that I bought from Japan when I went to Tokyo more than 4yrs ago :)

I forgotten how much it costed me, but what I can think of now is, if the jap already had these kinda things 4 yrs ago, what they have now will be beyond my comprehension. Scary thought isn't it.

And "NO", I am still not a geek "p



I started off with this box.
Yeah, lots of japanese text on it.

The only words that I can recognize is "AVOIDER III" and "mechatronic".
*phew*... it is going to be a tough one *_*






This is my dusty (I cleaned it actually) toolbox that I dig up from somewhere in my room.
With it, the assembly process become "no problem", or may be not "p



I setup the solder iron (kinda like the uni time).
Then I unpacked the box content, and I have all these parts.
So, which shall I start first? mini mini mani mo...

OK, let's start with the manual first.

Oppss... lotsa japanese jargon... *_*

The manual kinda interesting too, because it explain in detail about robotic evolution, i guessed only "p

So, according to the manual, I need to do these tiny tiny thing first.

"Haiya, all these small small things, no problem lar!!!"

AND I spoke too soon... I spent almost 2 hours soldering them, making sure each and every one of them are correctly soldered *_*


Here is the 2hrs well spent effort :)

ok, moving on to the big parts...



after some time...



nearly...


okok, the post is dragging too long d...

*Press button "fast-forward"*

heheheh...

...

...

...

...

And finally I present you ...

4yrs ago "AVOIDER III" from the land of rising sun

:)



Wanna see how it works? :)



Anyhow, it is a one hell of a noisy robot.

Therefore, I sent it away as a gift :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home