me?me...me!!!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

funny scam

Remember the familiar strong chinese accent lady over the phone line calling you up congratulating you for winning a BIG prize money out of no where?

Well, it is nothing new but just a scam. I myself encountered it once some time back and find it a nuisance, and I just couldn't wait even a mili-second longer to brush off the fella when I received such call previously.

But today, I found a new meaning of playing along. It can actually be a fun thing if you acted along with the fella, and this is what my colleague been doing all along while having lotsa fun. Well, even Mr Kenny had those kind of experience before =)

For background, my colleague has been receiving numerous such phone calls, until she has polished up her talking skills to keep the line going as long as she can and as long as she is free.

Today while we were taking lunch and chit chatting, the fella called again. My colleague put on the speaker phone, and let her bla bla bla... yada yada yada... the same old stuff.

My colleague gave the fella false info when asked, asked the fella to repeat again and again for not able to catch what the fella said, at times even demanded the fella to pay her money etc. 

And after like 20mins or so, when my colleague got bored, my colleague then tried her recent practiced line for such call. My colleague said:

"I know this is a scam all the while. I have purposely lengthen the conversation so that my friend can trace your whereabout from the computer. And now, I know where are you right now. Together with the recorded conversation and your whereabout, I will pass it to the police. So, run while you can, and hide while you can"

Before my colleague can finished her above line, that fella already hung up. All of us were laughing like hell, muahahahaha... =)

Btw, the fella called using a local registered h/p number 016-6683-569.

I tried to call back the number to scare them that this is the police calling, but sometime got through with nobody answering or sometime couldn't get through with the prompt of not able to record anymore voice mail. Obviously, this is a bogus line for scam, and when you couldn't get through, either they are preying on other victims during the day time or they have turned off the phone to sleep "in peace" at night.

Hehe, I now know how to treat such call in the future. Just play along if you have the time and battery to spare. At least by wasting the fella time, the fella wont have the time to prey on other possible victims. So. lets call the fella at 016-6683-569 while the line is still active =)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home